Supermetrics Support Forum

Adroll - spend metrics

Hi,

Adroll has a metric called spend in the interface. In the Supermetrics metrics list there is cost, but it's not a match. Is there any way to implement grabbing the Spend?

• Hi Alan,

Our "cost" metric is the "spend" metric from AdRoll, so they should match. Can you provide screenshots showing the discrepancy between AdRoll results and Supermetrics (please make sure the date range is identical for both)?

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• export from AdRoll

Supermetrics

Currency conversion issue?

• Hi Alan,

Thank you for the data.

It does indeed look like a conversion issue. I checked and the API defaults to USD. Doing a quick-and-dirty Google currency conversion, the resulting value looks close to the USD value.

Let me check with the developer team to see if there is a way to deal with this (maybe there's a special setting you can use).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Do you have any update to this please?

Thanks

Alan

• Hi Alan,

It does not look like the case has been actioned yet by the assigned dev, but I also assigned it on Friday afternoon so I may be he hasn't had a chance to look at it yet. Let me follow up on that.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi, was this actioned? I'm experiencing the same issue. Our Adroll account is in £ and we are seeing higher amounts in Supermetrics.

Thank you,

Marta

• Hi Marta,

Sadly not yet - the update to add the currency setting hasn't been implemented at this point. Checking the backlog item, it doesn't appear that a due date has been, so I don't have any information as to when this might be done. The cases related to this have been set to the bug though, so we can notify those affected when it has been added.

Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your reply. It' worrying that there is no date set, so in theory this might not be actioned for a while yet. We need reporting in British Pound. Otherwise, it makes no sense for us to use the Adroll ad on at all. 

If you can raise it to the technical team again, that would be very helpful. 

Many thanks,

Marta

• Agreed Marta, no point releasing a connector for paid that can't report accurately on spend metrics.

• The API for AdRoll is partly to blame for deciding that currency is by default USD and you have to take special action to request it differently. Most other platforms output it in the account's currency settings by default, which is much easier to work with. This requires not just code but UI too, for both products, so it's a little more of an undertaking.

I will ask about the status with the dev team though.

-Thank you

Supermerics Team

Login to post a comment