Start a new topic
Solved

Facebook not sourcing more than 500

I've been trying to source data from 5000 Facebook posts on a page and it's not working, only works up to 500 - help please?

Hi Paloma,

Please check and increase your "# of rows to fetch" setting as it sounds like that is what is limiting it.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi Jessica, 

This is not resolved as this is not the problem - I am trying to get Facebook Public Data not Insights. 

I try to get 5000 or 10000 but it returns a random number, time after time, yesterday it didn't get over 200 and today it gets 700 but I need more in order to look further back in time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

P

My apologies - you weren't specific about the connector in the original post so I assumed it was Insights. For the Public Data connector we don't recommend that you fetch more than 250 posts per page at a time (it's actually hard capped to this in the other tool), because the quota limit for that public API is rather low and it can lead to performance issues and incomplete data the higher you go. It's not really meant to be used to gather historical data. You should use the Insights connector for that instead as the API supports it.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment