Supermetrics Support Forum

Facebook APIs app review

Hi,

Facebook just closed on the 4th some access to info because it needs app review https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review .. is this something supermetrics will be able to overcome soon, so facebook insights can return to have all the info?

• Hi,

To our knowledge the Facebook Insights connector works, you just need to re-authenticate it as it now requires higher permissions (page admin) to gather the data. That was a change FB implemented during this scandal. Please log out of FB Insights in the sidebar and log back in - should work after that. If you have any other issues, please describe them to us and we'll be happy to help.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Hello Heidi,

Thanks for your reply.. and yes I did found the thread where it said that
    "Fetching Facebook posts requires new permissions ("manage Pages"). Please log out from the Facebook Insights data source and then log in again, granting the new permissions." This wasn't enough (it didn't even ask for bigger permissions).

Our issue currently is that we are creating posts in a page, that are share of a group post. When I list with supermetrics all the page posts of this week, none of the type "link" that are reposts from a group are being listed. What I am guessing, is due to FB scandal, narrowing down on the Groups API information able to see. I think this is related to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.12/group ..
  • Hi,

Ok, I see. Sorry about that. Might well be affected by the restrictions. I will ask our developers to have a look, and get back to you with feedback.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Hi Ricardo,

As you noted, access to the Groups API is very limited at the moment, but we don't have a definite answer on if and how the ongoing situation affects fetching Page posts that are shares of Group posts.

You could try adding INCLUDE_ALL_PUBLISHED_POSTS as an advanced setting in the Options section for your posts queries. The Facebook Graph API provides multiple endpoints to pull posts data, and this setting triggers the usage of the /published_posts endpoint. If the group posts still aren't included in the results, feel free to open a support ticket with Supermetrics query IDs etc. for further investigation.

Best regards,

Viktor / Supermetrics

• Hi Viktor,

Thanks.. will do.. tried all you said before opening this thread.. The "INCLUDE_ALL_PUBLISHED_POSTS" and logging out of facebook because of permissions.
    Thank you

Login to post a comment