Start a new topic
Solved

Facebook ad reach appears as null in Data Studio

I created a data table in Data Studio. I have to broken down by ad with reach, impressions, link clicks, etc however the reach metric does not show up.

it shows "null" for every ad in the breakdown, but then it shows the total reach in the grand total line. This only happens with reach, no other metric. It's clearly able to pull in the total data, but not the individual ad breakdown. Not sure if this is just happening to me or if this is an issue across the board. See attached.


Hi,

I recreated the query you gave in the screenshot but was not able to get the same error. So there must be something additional in your query setup that wasn't shown. Are you using any filters - if so, what are the settings for that?

You might also try refreshing the data source, if it's existed for a little while and hasn't had this done. May be some stale code in that case:

How do I Refresh Fields/Update a Connector?


-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi Jessica,


There are currently no filters being applied the the table. I refreshed the data source. I even disconnected and reconnected but it's doing the same thing to a couple different reports I have going.


Here are the links to the ones I'm referring to specifically:

https://datastudio.google.com/u/2/reporting/1uB8o0vIG97ZBF6PNmGxZiRIuWLjheg2d/page/0wpO/edit

https://datastudio.google.com/u/2/reporting/1rnPeKCf4lbvwztK0Yec7Sr-Bib1TerR0/page/0wpO/edit


Please help! Thanks!

Hi,


Unfortunately, I don't have edit access to these links so I cannot see the settings being used. Could you please give support@supermetrics.com a temporary edit access to the file so I can check your configuration against my test?


-Thank you

Supermetrics

Hello,


I've added support@supermetrics.com to the reports.


Thank you!

Thanks!


I did some more investigation on this and I think it has to do with using the same name for multiple ads. We do this in our ad account and for those with non-unique names that had some versions that were currently not running, those had null values because it's trying to run math on a 0 reach value from the ads not running. Once I added the Ad ID to distinguish those running from those not with the same names, then it correctly reported the reach.


I copied the table in your one report as a test and with doing the same trick of adding the Ad ID, it also appeared to work (I removed the copy after this screenshot).


So try that out and see if that solves the null problem in the reports it occurs in.


-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi, there!


I am having the same issue. However, this is happening when I apply a campaign objective filter on FB ads. The overall total will show up but when I try to select traffic objective for example, all other data will separate except reach.


Hi Chuck,


Without seeing your exact setup it's a little hard to assess, but it may be that the split isn't unique enough, or it may be due to a summation flaw in Data Studio that happens with using filters. If you can submit a private ticket with screenshots of what is happening to you, we can check into it.


-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment