Supermetrics Support Forum

Facebook total number of posts in Google Data Studio

Hi there,

I would like to add the total number of posts by page admins for a given (monthly) period. Unfortunately I don't find a matching metric in the tool.

Can you help me there? This would be great as Interactions and Engagement Rate are bound to the number of posts so that would be a valid metric to add to my report.

Thanks,

Alice

• Hi,

thanks for your question.

A metric for total amount of posts for a date range does unfortunately not exist directly in Facebook API. I have anyway added this as a feature request, but it will likely not be implemented very soon.

Please use a table graph to get your posts, and look at the row amount to see the amount of posts.

Best,

Supermetrics team

•  Hi there,

But there is. There's the URL https://graph.facebook.com/v3.2/{page_id}/published_posts/

And it's possible to ask for the total count for a time period by specifying: summary=total_count

Could you maybe have another go at this?

Best Regards,

Martin

• Hi Martin,

thanks for your message.

I'll forward this tip to our developers to see if they would be willing to add the field for Post Count.

Meanwhile, I hope you noticed our workaround: https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000090790-how-do-i-get-the-count-of-posts-in-data-studio-

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

1 person likes this
  • Thank you for that! However, it does not seem possible to use this in a Scorecard because it's not really a metric. Am I right?

• Hi Martin,

That is true, you are right. You'll need to add it to a graph that contains some metrics.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• I think I figured it out by doing this (introducing a metric into the calculated field): Comments on post - Comments on post  + (SUM(CASE WHEN Post ID IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE 1 END))

2 people like this
  • this is genius thanks!

• I'm confused. Could someone share the instructions step by step to show number of posts per page in a given date range?

• Hi Delaina,

The instructions can be found here:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000090790-how-do-i-get-the-count-of-posts-in-data-studio-

If there seems to be errors or issues in getting the post count, you can always contact us through a private support ticket, and we'll be happy to help.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics team

• @Martin you are brilliant! Thank you so much!!

• Doesn't work anymore. Something has changed in SuperMetrics and now adding a metric into a filter doesn't remove the error anymore.

• <b>God bless Drgodwin for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HIV since 2010 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HIV.out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HIV i saw a comment about Drgodwin how he cured HIV with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me.I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST.I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 7days later i was cured from HIV, thank you so much and you are the one that God sent to change my miserable life, you the almighty god be with you all the days of your life, so my brothers and sisters we can contact him on this email address. drgodwinharbs@gmail.com

or whatsapp him on +2348089906968 ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SIR. Drgodwin he also told me that he can cure the flowing virus,

1 cancer cure

2 diabetes cure 3 ringing ear 4 herpes cure 5 warts cure 6 HPV cure 7 get your ex back 8 pregnancy herbal medicine 9 prostate 10 Hepatitis B</b>

Login to post a comment