Start a new topic

how to get total post likes

hi. i need to get the total count post likes without split by post dimension. it's possible?

thanks

Hi,

thanks for your question.

It is unfortunately not possible to count post likes without splitting by some post level dimension. This is the way Facebook API works by default. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best

Heidi / Supermetrics team

Can't you just choose 'Likes' and set a Custom Date range from, for instance, 2006-2020? This works for me in a Scorecard view. 

Hi all,

Scott is actually right. I got confused with all the metrics that have similar naming in Facebook. Sorry, my bad.

So, in Engagement & Sharing section, when you choose the Likes metric and only use Date as a dimension (scorecard scenario), then the metric will show the number of times people took a positive action on any of your content during the selected date range. If you then again use a post-level dimension in that query (not scorecard), the same metric (Likes) will turn into Post Likes, ie give you the post likes split by posts, for example in a table graph.

If you want to read more on the Facebook metrics, please see this excellent blog post from our template pro to explain some of the metrics and dimensions.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment