Start a new topic

Facebook Insights metrics discrepency

Hello.

I am using free trial for Facebook Insights connector for Data Studio just to check it out. 

I have huge discrepencies in almost all metrics between data in Data Studio and in my Facebook account. Impressions are almost correct, but reach and click seems to be raported for only half of the post. Is it something I should be expecting since it is free trial or am I doing something wrong? 

I am using basic dimensions and metric, for example:

post name - total impressions - total reach

Hi Weronika,

It's likely due to a known issue with the Facebook API that we were able to address for Sheets but not yet for Data Studio. See this article that describes the issue:

[FIXED] Facebook - Post level discrepancies

This usually affects older post data, so you can sometimes work around it by pulling only newer information. I need to follow up on when we plan to address this for Data Studio as well.

If you don't believe the known issue is the cause here, please let us know so that we can gather more information to investigate.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Thank you, Jessica, I think that may be the case. It would be great if you could find out when this issue would be taken care for Data Studio.

Login or Signup to post a comment