Start a new topic

How to hide (source) dimension from DS report

Hello there,

Just created a custom dimension based on an existing one to fill the empty rows with some default text like:

CASE WHEN 'SourceDimension'= "" THEN "empty" ELSE 'SourceDimension' END

Works well if SourceDimension AND DimensionWithFunction (based on SourceDimension) are both added to the report, however it would be great to be able to display only the custom dimension (DimensionWithFunction) in the report.

Once removing the source Dimension1 from report, configuration error message appears.

Do you guys know a solution for this?

Thank a lot in advance,

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Would it be possible to give us the error text that appears when you remove the original dimension and what data source you are using for this?

My thought is that it has something to do with the fact that the CASE statement can turn dimensions into metrics, and that is were the problem lies, if the API expects a dimension. The error message should mention this.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hello Jessica, appreciate the quick response!

The error message is 8185cea1 - https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7410735

The source is AdWords.

Are there any alternative ways to only HIDE the source dimension?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

I'm still looking into the error. Would it be possible to open the error link and give me the text in there (that's usually our error - the other one is Googles and isn't always that useful to us).

As for your other question - you may be able to hide it by using it as a sort or a filter on the report element (so that it's included in the query but not shown in the results). 

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment