Supermetrics Support Forum

Adwords Budget on Supermetrics

Hi there,

When I use Supermetrics to extract "Budget" data out from Adwords onto Google Sheets, it is only able to extract out daily budgets. However, if my campaigns use lifetime budgets, the data will be 0 when extracted as shown in Google Sheets. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks!

Kind regards,

William

• Hi William,

When I looked into this, it appears that our Daily Budget field is the "Amount" metric in the API and the Budget field is Amount X days in date range. Until they recently added the campaign total budget for video campaigns, there wasn't even the concept of a lifetime total in AdWord - everything is based on the daily amount.

I checked the API to see if there would be way to get information for campaign totals, but it doesn't appear to be implemented there yet. I may be wrong though - please check and if you find the metics that can describe what you are using, let me know what they are so I can pass it along to the dev team:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/budget-performance-report

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your prompt response. 

I have checked the API and the total campaign budget is the "TotalAmount" metric in the API.

For easier reference, you can find the screenshot of the metric below:

Kind regards,

William

• Hi William,

Thank you for the screenshot! Just to confirm, you are using video campaigns with set start and end dates (this metric only applies to those)? If yes, then I will put in the feature request to add this.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Yes, the video campaigns have set start and end dates.

Kind regards,

William Ma

• Thank you for confirming! I will forward the request to the development team.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Thank you very much!

Regards,

William

• Hi William,

Thank you for your request. These metrics/dimensions will be added to Supermetrics a bit later. You'll be notified in our monthly newsletter when they're available.

Best Regards,

Harri Lampi

supermetrics.com

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum: support.supermetrics.com

Login to post a comment