Supermetrics Support Forum

Mailchimp - Only 1 client when selecting campaign

Hi,

We are an agency and we use DataStudio for our reports. As we use it a lot we have bought the Pro Version of Supermetrics for Data Studio.

a

The problem appears in this page. When we use the Mailchimp connector, it only allows to select  campaigns/lists of only ONE client.

We would like to know why we can only use data of this client and not the others.

We are waiting for the solution,

Thank you

• Hi,

unfortunately your attached picture is broken for some reason. If you haven't tried this yet, you can find a link from connector setup page from where you can login with other accounts. Or did you mean that you should see multiple clients in the list with the login that you are using?

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

Yes, i mean i should see multiple clients in "Select campaigns/lists:" and it only appears one client.

Thank you

• Hi,

then it's most likely related to the permission levels given by those clients for your profile. You'd need to check those.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

I am going to explain deeply the problem to have a concrete solution.

First of all, we are admins of all our clients Mailchimp accounts so the permission levels won't be a problem.

The problem comes when we "Add connector" of Mailchimp:

-We authorize with our account for Data Studio OK

-We authorize with our account for Mailchimp OK // It makes us login into mailchimp and choose one account, we choose one (we going to call the choosen one:A1). We choose all lists and press "Connect" and it creates one Data Source for the client A1. 

Why can't we choose all our accounts and then create one Data Source for every client?

PROBLEM 1: we upload the DataSource of client A1 in our DataStudio report and the data given is incorrect (for example 0 emails sent in the last 4 months) or directly it says error: Community connector error: Incompatible fields: IllegalDimensionMetricCombinationException (Supermetrics request ID: XZ8jcAotkTAZZ1snBhTE6UWy4SSDk0), and this fiels are not incompatible because, for example, the fields are month and emails sents.

PROBLEM 2: imagine next week we want to do a report on DataStudio with the client A2. The only way we found is eliminating the connector we have (so we would lose the data and therefore we would lose the report done for client A1) and connect the connector again but now choosing client A2. Is there any way to have the data of client A2 without losing the reports and data we did for client A1?

We are waiting for your response to solve this problem as soon as possible,

Thanks for your quick answers,

• Hi,

Why can't we choose all our accounts and then create one Data Source for every client?

-This varies between different data sources. Some are built so that unfortunately you'll need to create a separate authentication for each client and then an individual data source for that.

Problem 1

-When you encounter "Incompatible fields" error, it means that there's a restriction in the data source API that prevents query combinations like that. For incorrect data, please send us a private ticket about this issue

Problem 2

You'll need to start the data source creation process from scratch for another account like this:

-And then choose the new client for that authentication. Then you should see it in the list.

• Hi,

Thanks for your answers. We still have one question for the first answer. How do you create a "separate authentication for each client"??

For question 1, I don't get why it says incompatible fields if they aren't incompatible because, as I said , it was a table comparing emails sents and month, which are totally compatible.

Thank you,

Pau

• Hi Pau,

I suggest sending us a private ticket about the authentication so that we can book you a call where we can go through the authentication with you. And for the incompatible fields, let's also handle that in a private ticket as we need an access to your dashboard to investigate.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment