HTTP POST to retrieve JSON

Hi there,

I'm trying to access the Vision6 API from Supermetrics for Google Sheets and the Custom JSON/CSV connector, but I'm not having much luck. 

The settings I'm trying with are...

URL - [hidden to protect the identity of my employer]

Data type - JSON

Request - {

"id": 1,

"method": "searchBatches",

"params": [

"{{API Key}}"

]

}

HTTP headers - Content-Type: application/json

Just wanted to ask... does Supermetrics only support GET or does it support POST as well? I think that might be the only thing that's going astray...

Any help would be appreciated!

1 person has this problem
  • It would be great for the team to answer those questions

• Pretty late answer, but my same question, i've asked in the forum a couple of days ago, is still without an answer too. But, once filed a ticket, i did got an answer fully matching my needs:

As you see at the attached screenshot, the field "Request" serves exactly for this purpose: the POST request body should be inserted there:

Some APIs need indeed an explicite setting of Content-Type: application/JSON - the field "HTTP Headers" is the place for it.

• Essentially GET is used to retrieve remote data, and POST is used to insert/update remote dataGET retrieves a representation of the specified resource and include all required data in the URL. You should be able to request the same URL over and over harmlessly.

Login or Signup to post a comment