Supermetrics Support Forum

Date filters not applying to LinkedIn data

I'm building a table showing all LinkedIn posts for an account and I want it to show monthly data only, however, the date filters don't seem to be working (see attached). The table seems to show all content for over a year, regardless of the date settings. Is this a glitch or is there no way to filter LinkedIn content by date?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG
(46.4 KB)

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Filipe,

Please check the date range settings for the report (click File->Report Settings) and the page (while this page with the problem table is active, click Page->Current page settings). These can override other data values for the report so make sure those are appropriately set (usually Auto for the Page settings is best).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• I am having the exact same problem as Filipe. 

"The date filters don't seem to be working (see attached). The table seems to show all content for over a year, regardless of the date settings."

I have checked the date range settings for both the report and the page. Is there a way to filter LinkedIn data by date?

linkedin.PNG
    (56.2 KB)
  • Hi Cathryn,

It totally depends on which query type you are using to get most of those metrics for LinkedIn Pages. For one query type (Share Totals) they are lifetime totals and won't change over time as they only ever show the current value for the page. For another (Historical Share Statistics), they can be split by date and will change over time. 

Followers is always a lifetime total, no getting around that. Only "New followers" with Historical Follow Statistics can be split by date but it only shows the new followers gained and not the total.

So since you have two different query types required (one that supports followers and one for Historical Share Statistics), you need to create multiple data source files, one for each query type as you can only select one at time. Then set up the historical query:

And this gets everything but followers over time - I'm showing it with a table here to prove it works, but you can also use it with scorecards:

Followers, assuming you take the historical route with "New followers" to see it over time, needs to be this setup (separate data source file, else it will bust your other query):

If this doesn't work for you, please submit a private ticket as we'll need to see the report file next and we don't want to ask for it over the public forum.

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/tickets/new

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment