Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

LinkedIn Ads Failure: Too Many Entities

I get the following  error message for LinkedIn Ads on a pretty basic download of campaign name and ad title.

Query failed: LinkedIn Ads failure (Request would return too many entities. )

It seems like an issue if we can't download a couple hundred lines of data. Any idea what's going wrong here or how to fix it? If I remove ad title and only do campaigns, it works but I need to see ad-level performance. Seems like that must be possible.

3 people have this problem
  • This is also happening to me with queries that have been running for months, now all of a sudden saying too many entities

• Hi Clayton,

This appeared to be a temporary issue with LinkedIn - can you try again and let us know if you are still getting the error?

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Thanks Jessica. Problem still exists. Can't pull any ad fields without the error.

• Sorry to hear it's not yet resolved for you. We've re-enagaged the developer to have another look at it this morning. Hopefully we'll have a resolution before the end of the day here.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• The developer just deployed another fix for this issue this afternoon. If you were still affected, please close and reopen the sheet to get the latest version and try again.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Thanks I am able to download again. I still don't see LinkedIn Ad Name. Is this in the works? This might also be called Creative Name. This is pretty critical for analysis. Thanks!

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/discussions/topics/19000021027

• Awesome, working on our end now as well!

Any plans on adding the new 'beta' metrics like;

• Video Views
    • Video Views at 25%
    • Video Views at 50%
    • Video Views at 75%
    • Video Completions

• I think the field I'm requesting is called Sponsored Content Name. That's the field where advertisers can name their creatives for organization / reporting purposes, like "Ad name" for Facebook Ads.

• For Clayton - as noted on the other post, the dev was actively checking that today and hopefully will have an update.

For Michael - Let me check to see if these are available in the API (if yes, we should be able to add them).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• The main issue has been resolved so I'm marking this as such.

For the other metrics issues - those have been handled in their own tickets (I made a new one for Michael's ask and escalated it to the dev for review).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

I also started receiving today an error code 400 with the message "Request would return too many entities" as a response from Linkedin's API.

I manage to pull campaigns with no issues, but when requesting ad creatives (path "adCreativesV2?q=search") I get the above error. 

Is it still considered as a temporary issue?

Thanks,

Ron Shub.

• Hi Ron,

It was determined not to be a temporarily issue and we deployed a fix a while back for it (it's mentioned in this thread earlier). If it has returned, it is likely a new problem and we kindly ask you submit a new private ticket for this so we can investigate.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment