Supermetrics Support Forum

Facebook Ads creative elements

Hi There, I logged a forum topic 10 months ago about this issue but to date have not had a response or any assistance. 

I have supermetrics set up on my Google sheets to pull through all relevant Facebook ads campaign data that I might need to report to client and generate projections etc. But the one thing I am not able to do is pull through a URL to the actual creative on the ad. 

I have managed to get the above right for Facebook posts, but have not managed to find a metric that will allow me to do the same for Facebook ads. 

This has now become an URGENT requirement for me. Please can you assist?

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Jani,

At this time there is no dimension available in Supermetrics to get the ad creative image URL from Facebook Ads. There's only one that gets the Promoted Post image URL, which is probably not what you are looking for.

The information should be available from the API though, so I will send this as a feature request to the development team. They will let you know if it is possible.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• We have the same Issue!!

thanks.

• Thanks Jessica 

The "Post picture URL" metrics pulls through the links to the ads it seems, but when using =image(A1) for instance to display the image in google sheets, it shows a thumbnail of the static ads. 

The 2 issues here is that it doesn't show the full creative on the thumbnail, looks like it crops off the sides and also it only pulls the image for static ads. Carousels and Gif's don't pull thumbnails, they show the logo. 

• I noted that as well when I tested Promoted Post URL, which is why I didn't think it was going to work for what you were asking for. 

As mentioned prior, it looks theoretically possible to get the actual creative from the API, I'm just waiting on the developer to have a look at it and see if we can incorporate it into the connector, as we now have several user requests for this.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• @Gerard Dillon - can you submit a private ticket for your issue as I think it's unrelated to this and needs to be investigated separately.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• I have this problem too.  Specifically, I'm looking for the "Image Hash" value, needed to upload posts.

• @Eric Langenberg - can you submit a private ticket for your issue as a feature request? We might need to add a new field for that.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment