Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

Instagram in Data Studio

Hi I've been doing trial on Instagram connection for Data Studio, and have found these following issues:

1. Currently only the last 100 posts can be retrieved. Will it be changed to the maximum limit of Instagram API post retrieval in the future?

2. I created a user post connection to retrieve certain account (for example: @quospace). The final results actually retrieve other accounts also as well. You can check the preview report here: https://datastudio.google.com/open/1ImUTLzf0-aACjsqh_xErwvpmnULj9vqQ

And click the filter by author username on the header. There are other accounts as well retrieved here. I'm not sure how it came to this. Some of those accounts previously even didn't interact with @quospace.

The final Posts number appears on scorecard are the calculation from those accounts as well, not only came from @quospace.

3. I also created a piechart featuring tags of posts. I'm not sure how tags were captured by the application. On the report you can see that all tags were combined as 1 row of data.

4. What is the difference between caption date and published date? 

5. And I also want to propose this:

- To mark a data whether it is a regular photo/multiple photo/video.

Thank you

• Hi Pitra,

I'll dig in straight away in to your questions:

1. We are already developing a connector for the new Instagram Insights which will most likely change this among many other things.

2. Which setup did you use for the author username filter control? I believe that it might be related to the metric that you have chosen for it.

3. I cannot see any piecharts on this dashboard unfortunately. Could you try getting the tags in to table to check the outcome.

4. I believe you are referring to caption text? (there shouldn't be such a metric as caption date)

5. Remains to be seen if such a dimension is available in the new Instagram connector.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

Hi, I connected my Instagram account, but when I try show the number of followers, for exemple, appear the follow message. Could you help me please?

Community connector error: No account objects selected: (Supermetrics request ID: u1HvuovsHX3sQqNRtNz3909USutF). If the problem persists report an issue with the connector owner.

ID do erro: 2a69dc8c

Thank you!

• Hi Joao,

have you checked that your Query Type matches the place where you have written your Instagram account name? This can be done while editing your Instagram connector.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi, any news about the connector for GDS ?

Thanks

• Hi,

no news yet. We're still waiting for approval from Facebooks side.

All Supermetrics users will get an update on this when it comes available.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Thanks, 

have a nice day

• But that kind of a behaviour you are trying to provide with your service? Because in order to get real instagram followers, it's better to use automatization services, like Social boom, etc., otherwise the system will ban you and your API key. Be careful with this.

• Hi Mike,

our new upcoming Instagram Connector will not be effected by that. Partly the reason why this project has been taking so long with Facebook.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Still no new information on the "next" Instagram Connector for quite a while now!

Can we expect something soon?

Thanks

Login to post a comment