Supermetrics Support Forum

Negative Keywords

Hello,

How Can I extract the account negative keywords.

Regards,

Cornel Ilea

• Hi Cornel,

Please let us know which data source you are wanting to get this from, so we can check.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Cornel,

So to get negative keywords from AdWords, you need to use the dimension "Is Negative" under the keywords section, which will identify if the keyword is negative (TRUE) or not (FALSE). AdWords does not give this as it's own metric/dimension and requires this additional step to identify them.

Based on this information from the AdWords reporting API:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/campaign-negative-keywords-performance-report#isnegative

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jessica,

Following your solution I only get false values, therefore I only get non negative keywords. I've tried this with several accounts with the same result. Do you have an idea what my problem could be?

My settings: 

Best regards,

David

• Hi,

Just to verify so I report it to the developers to check correctly -

Are there no negative keywords listed (so data that is presented is correct, they are all FALSE, just all the TRUE values are missing), or there are negative keywords listed but they are incorrectly labeled as FALSE?

If you can check and let me know which case it is, I will then escalate it for investigation as to why that's not working as expected.

-Thank you

Supermetrics team

• Hi Jessica,

There are no negative keywords at all. In case you need further details, feel free to contact me via email.

Best regards,

David

• Thanks David for checking! I've escalated this to the developer to check then why those "TRUE" values aren't coming through.

-Thank you

Supermetrics team

• Hi Supermetrics team!

Are there any news about this problem?
    I have it as well, but to be correct I'll emphasize that data that is presented is correct, they are all FALSE, just all the TRUE values are missing).

I hope it could be solved fast, because the problem doesn't look like a big deal :)

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Aida

• Maybe it has smth with the rule "Include zero impression rows"?
    But even when I click it, the problem is still there. Maybe it's better just delete this condition in query?

Just some ideas that appeared 

• Hi Aida,

Sorry it doesn't look like the dev has updated the case with any new information. I will re-escalate this to see if we can get some action on it.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

1 person likes this
  • I am having this same problem, has a solution been found yet?

Login to post a comment