What exactly is "People clicking your content"?

Hi Supermetrics

Can you give me a precise definition of the Facebook metric "people clicking on your content"? I can't find any definition when I search on Google.

Best,

Anders Hjelmer Paulsen

Social media editor

Jysk Fynske Medier

• Hi Anders,

The metric in Facebook Insights is actually called 'page_consumptions_unique' (it was renamed in our UI) and is described in the API documentation as:

The number of people who clicked on any of your content.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Does this include likes, comments and shares?

Thanks,

Åsa

• Hi Asa,

No, I don't believe so. It's not made clear on the field definition itself what exactly a consumption is, but it is only talking about clicks. Other forms of engagement don't appear to count as clicks. 

And when searching the web to fill in the gap of what Facebook considers a "consumption", at least in a post sense, the general consensus was:

Consumptions = Link Clicks + Photo Views + Video Plays + Other Clicks

This article is a bit old, but does break down the differences of engagement and consumption and what "other clicks" means.

https://brnrd.me/posts/engagement-vs-consumption-the-facebook-dilemma

Giving a like is not a consumption, that's an engagement, but clicking to see who liked/how many likes is a consumption.

If likes, comments and shares are key, then look for the engagement metrics instead (Engaged users, Page post engagements and the like).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment