Supermetrics Support Forum

questions about the facebook ads manager connector to google data studio

Hey, 3 questions


1. how can i show in a table only camapaigns that are active? (by delivery) 

2. how can i add a dimension/metric of start date so i can sort the campaigns table by their start date?

3. i want to see the ads of the campaigns themselves: image + text, or at least a link to the ad preview, how can i do that?


Thanks,

  • - update - 

    I have a campaign table with a filer of campaign status = ACTIVE

    but I still see campaigns that are not active, also i see the same campaign duplicated in the table over and over again.

    How can I fix the bug/issue?

    (BTW I succeeded in adding start date dimension)

  • Hi Omer,

    To answer your questions:


    #1 - You should be able to add a filter for "Campaign status (effective status)" to the table and set it to "Equal to" ACTIVE. Inactive campaigns shouldn't show at all, but those paused can and this should remove them.

    image

    image



    #2 - The Dimension "Start Date" should be the one you need.


    #3 - This is not possible, yet. Google just added expanded image functionality to Data Studio this week though, so we are investigating if we can pull the images from the data sources to make this possible. Keep an eye out for this feature in the near future.


    -Thank you

    Supermetrics Team

  • Hi Omer,

    Sorry the ticket didn't update with your update.


    For the status issue, what's the full query you are trying to use?


    -Thank you

    Supermetrics Team

  • image


  • Hi - I still get campaigns showing up that were 'active' within the selected period. Is there a way around that?


    Thanks.

  • Hi JT,


    This is normally by design (so that if you are pulling historical data, you get the active items from that time). If you don't want those in the data though, you can possibility filter them out by name (however, this leads to its own interesting problems with how DS handles filtering - https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000083447-discrepancies-in-data-studio-when-using-a-filter).


    I believe this toggle in the Ad Manager also influences what is reported as active, so you may also try turning off campaigns that are not active to see if that will remove them from the results.


    If it's the other situation where items are showing up as active when they definitely should not be, please submit a private ticket for that issue so we can investigate it.

    https://support.supermetrics.com/support/tickets/new


    -Thank you

    Supermetrics Team


Login to post a comment