Start a new topic

System error in Google Data studio

Hi,

I have linked Supermetrics with Google Datastudio to retrieve Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter data. Both for organic accounts as for advertisement accounts.

When viewing the dashboard, it seems to work fine. But when I change the date range I get System errors, these system errors change from metric to metrics when I change my date range. It seems that they appear random, as for example I set the date range on last month, I get 2 system errors on my Facebook metrics, change the date and back again to last month, I get 4 system errors on my LinkedIn metrics and my Facebook metrics all of suddenly seems to work fine.

What causes these errors and how to fix this? It seems to me like an loading or data retrieving delay, because if I change the dates back and forth to the same range I eventually get all my metrics without errors.

Kind regards,

Tim Mallant

Hi Tim,

I usually see this error appear when the information within the date ranges is based on some value that is not unique. For example, Facebook Ads could have the same ad Name reused for different ads, which then leads to this error if you haven't split out enough to ensure uniqueness (like using the Ad ID along with the Name, in this example, will resolve the non-unique name issue).

It's possible then as you change data ranges, you exclude some "duplicate" names for some sources but then introduce some for another. I'm not sure if that is exactly what is going on, as you did mentioned that eventually you get it work with the date range you want, but this seems like a good place to start.

So I would check if you have non-unique values (Ad names, post names, campaign names, etc.) in those report elements prone to this error and see if you can add one more field that will ensureĀ  uniqueness. If you can't figure out what to do, we can help look at the file in a private email.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Hi,

Thanks for the reaction. I don't think that is the case, because the error also occur for organic results, which shouldn't have the duplicate name issue. Can you check the file for me? How can I grant you access to the dashboard?

Kind regards,

Tim Mallant

I replied with the info privately as don't want you to post links here to your file.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment