Start a new topic

LinkedIn ads authorisation issue in a Ad Networks + Ga connector when multiple LinkedIn accounts logged in

All of a sudden I am getting the below error in a Ad Networks + Google Analytics connector which only has Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn ads connected:

Community connector error: Error fetching LIA results: Community connector error: Error: LinkedIn Ads failure ([unauthorized]. Expired access token.) (Supermetrics request ID: Ka99ftztliQRljRzCPGD26zdHQ52aMz). If the problem persists report an issue with the connector owner.

In the process of writing this post I remembered previously having issues with a Facebook DS connector when more than one account for it was logged into Supermetrics so I removed all but one of our logged in LinkedIn accounts.

That seems to have solved the issue if anyone else has similar problems.

However, I'd like to say that this doesn't look great for Supermetrics. You should either switch off the ability to log into more than one account as it seems to cause too many issues you haven't been able to solve in time. 

It also seems to me you should've left the Data Studio connector in beta a bit longer as we have had a lot of issues so it basically feels as if we are paying for you to test your product.

1 Comment

Hi George,

this LinkedIn Ads token error is actually caused by a glitch in LinkedIns API and it seems that they still haven't managed to implement the fix for all users. Not to worry, I have nulled your tokens from our end and when you go to edit your connector and re-authenticate it, it should start working.

When it comes to using more than one account at the same time in one connector, we're currently working with Google to find a workaround/fix for that issue. Terribly sorry for all the inconvenience. 

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment