AdWords Data Source - Not Working (Authorization Issue)


The AdWords Connector was working last week - but I went in to check the report today, and there is a connector issue. I tried reconnecting but it said there was an error. I attached both screenshots.

Thank you!

  • Hi,

    Let's try to remove and re-add the connector as that can often fix this.

    With the template open in edit mode, click Resource->Manage added data sources. Take any of the sources you were trying to use with this template and click remove. Then click "Add a data source" to go to the connector selection page. Find under "Community Connectors" the one you were using. Highlight it and 3 dots should appear next to it. Click on that and click Remove.

    Now the connector should be totally removed. Search again for the connector to re-add it. (If the "explore connectors" option shows nothing, try It will have you go through the authentication and configuration process again for the connector. Continue through the process to save the data source.

    Once the connection and data source is set, you can go back to the template and update the Data Source field for the scorecards and graphs to the updated one you just created and hopefully the errors for the trial are gone.

    If you run into other errors or issues during any of the above steps, please let me know.

    -Thank You
    Supermetrics Team

  • When I go to add a data source and push the Add button, it just spins and spins and never loads. This happens to two of us, so only one member of our team can add data sources. What could be the issue?


    Thanks for your help!

  • Hi Miranda,

    There's two common causes for this -

    #1 - a known multi-account bug with Google. If you are logged into Google or Chrome with more than one account, it sometimes gets confused and doesn't know which to load, leading to authentication loops or the forever loading page. Instructions for how to deal with that are here:

    #2 - the forever load is actually hiding an error message from our system, usually a data source access error. In those cases, you can compare your access rights to the data source to the users that is successful and make sure they are the same.

    If you continue to have issues, please submit a new ticket so we can help you directly:

    -Thank you

    Supermetrics team