Start a new topic

Add Facebook Interests by Age to Google Data Studio

Hi,

I am trying to create a report which shows the top interests for each age group (ie 18-35, 35-50, 50+).

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh,

You should be able to use the dimension of Age to get the groups, like the example below:

The only issue is that I don't see any metrics that fit the description of 'interests". It's possible that it's not exposed in the API or that we don't currently supply it. Please check this article about how to check and report missing metrics for FB:

Facebook Insights metrics missing from Supermetrics

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Thanks! Here is the metric's API: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/buying-api/targeting#interests.

Is it possible to access this in Supermetrics?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the link.

I found that the dimension that data is stored under is called "Targeting", but it doesn't break the interests out into it's own column. It's in this giant mass of stuff:

I don't know if this is very useful then for reporting as it's not separated out and there's no real mechanism to do this in Data Studio like you can in a spreadsheet. Perhaps with filtering you can check the Targeting for a specific interest key word and then report out the other metrics related to that.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Thanks! How can I filter specific interest keywords?

Hi Josh,

If you scroll down the Data settings, there should be an option to filter. 

Add a Filter that is:

Targeting CONTAINS yourinteresttext

That will search that blob of stuff that makes up the Targeting data for that string that represents an interest and only return data for records that contain that string. For example if "AdWords" was the interest I wanted to target:

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment