Supermetrics Support Forum

Email if Error in Scheduled Refresh

Is there a way to get an email if there is an error in a scheduled refresh? LinkedIn ads beta occasionally needs a new token so that sheet doesn't refresh, but I get no notification of the problem so I have to stumble across it. In the schedule refresh and emailing settings, I don't see an option for "always download per the schedule but email me only if there are any errors"? Is that something we could have added?

• Hi Clayton,

Thanks for you question. I will forward this to our development team for comments.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

Supermetrics Team

• Any update on this? Yesterday all of my facebook queries didn't work (error). No notification and no automatic re-try later. I had to go through all of my spreadsheets manually today to refresh again. Lots of time. It would be great if there's also a feature to keep trying to refresh failed queries on some interval for x amount of tries if they fail.

• Hi Clayton,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I agree with you that we should improve our automatic refreshing to be more informative and resilient to errors. Automatic notifications is also an interesting idea. We currently have an ongoing major effort to rebuild the entire scheduled refreshing system. But because there are a lot of moving pieces, I'm unable to provide you with reliable timetables for deliverables on that.

Regarding retries, we usually do them whenever we can. Scheduled refreshes often perform retries as well. However those vary a lot based on your account configuration and the data source you are targeting. Sometimes the attempts are restricted to the actual request time. Sometimes a temporary problem with the data source causes a specific scheduled hour to fail and we need to wait until the next hour. I can't really provide a detailed insight what happened in your case without a private ticket from you with the incident details. Please submit one if you feel that this situation occurs repeatedly.

LinkedIn Ads API does not support refresh tokens, so access needs to be renewed manually by the user when the maximum access token lifetime (60 days) has past. That kind of behaviour is a bit uncommon for us, so we have not implemented any automatic notifications about this... yet.

I realize I may have not been much help here in practical terms, but hopefully I conveyed the feeling that we hear and appreciate your feedback, and that we are doing something about these issues already because they are important not just for you and other users, but therefore for us as well.

Best regards,

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment