Supermetrics Support Forum

Facebook Ads: Overall Reach Filter problem

In Google Data Studio I'm testing the Supermetrics plugin Facebook Ads and I encountered a problem:

I want to pull overall reach but filter for certain adsets. However, when I filter for those adsets, reach is then calculated by summing the reach metrics of each individual ad set, and gives a larger total than it's supposed to be. This causes double counting in the actual people we've reach overall.

Are you already aware of this bug and trying to fix it/work around? :)

Thank you very much in advanced!

• Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We are aware that there are some discrepancies due to the format of the current Facebook API, but it is always good to get specific feedback.

I'll be sure to forward this to our development team for further actions.

Best regards,

Supermetrics Team

• We too are having the same issue when incorporating filters or combining two filters. 

Has this matter been resolved or in progress?

• Hi Brady,

The original issues with Reach have been fixed about a month back.

Reach is a very sensitive metric, as it is always about unique people who have seen your content. You can split reach by for example FB pages, posts, campaigns or time ranges and get separate reach values for these. But the one thing you cannot do, is to sum reach of for example different campaigns. If this was allowed, you would get a false reach value as it could count the same user multiple times and the reach number would show higher than it actually is.

If you apply filters to your queries, you are also then splitting your data by those rules. If you filter by say the campaign name, and the filter matches 2 campaigns, a reliable reach value is not displayed as the reach value of 2 campaigns can't be summed.

This is the current state of Facebook API. If you need to filter out certain campaigns or ad set, I recommend you to look at the results one by one.

Hoping there will be some improvements on Facebook side!

Best,

Supermetrics team

Login to post a comment