Start a new topic

Merging multiple GA Accounts in Data Studio?

I need to be able to create a table in Data Studio that shows the same metrics and dimensions across multiple Google Analytics accounts and properties.

For example, a client has 4 online retail websites and each has a different GA Account or property.

I need a table that would connect and display metrics from all 4 websites in one table or chart so the client can quickly compare performance metrics. 

Is that possible with any of the current DS Connectors?

Thanks!

1 person likes this idea

Hi Mark,

it can indeed be done in Data Studio. Are your accounts connected to same Google Analytics login? If not, actually using separate GA logins and combining data from those in to same query, is not currently available. It should be in approx. one week from today.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

is it possible today?

Kind regards,

Rob

As long as you are an Admin on all of the GA accounts you want to merge then yes, it can be done with the GA Connector very easily. 

If you don't have Admin access to one or more of the accounts you will need to get that first. 

And then the question from a rookie:

a) How do I connect my 5 accounts into Google DataStudio?

b) And.. How do I make 5 different "Unique Pageviews". I wonna show number of visits on one specific thank-you-page, on each of my 5 websites. (The URL are different for each language, but the page are the same).

Great topic!!

How do I connect to my 5 GA accounts on a single dashboard, so I can show "Unique Pageviews" from 5 different URLs, but with the same header?

eg.: LandingPage A is one page, but has 5 different URLs (one per country)...

Landing Page A

DK: 1000

SE: 1200

NO: 900

DE: 1600

NL: 1100

Hi Jean,

you need to have access to all of those accounts with a single login. After you have selected them, you can use filters to show only certain landingpages.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

Thanks - I have now "access" to all my 5 GA accounts :D

When I then create a "Unique Pageviews", and set the domain (.dk) and the Landingpage (/thank-you-a/), it works fine.

When I then copy (or create a new) to my 2nd domain (.se) and change the Landingpage (/thank-you-b/), my first "Unique Pageviews" can't find data.

Conclusion: When I change the LandinPage, it changes in all my "Unique Pageviews" :(

How should I create these measurements?

Explanation to the accached...:

The values in the blue circle are allways the same...: when I change one, the changes are also changed in the other :'(

They must be be different...
Udklip.JPG
(90.1 KB)

If I understood you correctly, you'd need to create an individual filter for each landingpage.

Best,

-Supermetrics Team

Yep ;)

I have 6 different landingpages - on each 5 TLD's

I'd like to have all these 30 measurements on one dashboard...

Hi Jean,

then you'll need to create individual filters for each scorecard, or pull all landingpages in to a single table.

Best,

-Supermetrics Team

Okay, I created "Scorecard" and I have these:

Datasource: .dk 

Metric: Unique Pageviews 

Filter: thank-you-a   

Then I create another Scorecard, and set as follows: 

Filter: thank-you-b   

Now both scorecards has:   

Filter: thank-you-b

If I change ONE of the filters, it'll affect both/all scorecards....

Is there a way I can share my effort with you (not public)?

Yes, you can send us a private ticket from support.supermetrics.com:

Login or Signup to post a comment