Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

Facebook Google Data Studio Demographic Issus

Hello I wanted to create some visuals using some demographic data from your Facebook Insights connector.

I got an error when I did Engaged Users metric with Gender dimension for a pie chart.

Then I did Total Likes with Gender and got random numbers where I'd be expecting Gender. For example - 2:6, 2:5, 1:4...

I got a similar display when doing a bar graph with Gender and Age with Total Likes (because Engaged Users wouldn't work there either).

See images attached for reference. It would be very unfortunate if I can't get basic demographic info for a Facebook account. Maybe I'm doing the wrong dimension/metric combinations?

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Ben,

There is a bug in the Facebook Insights API with the Age and Gender that is causing this. We have reported it to Facebook and we're hoping they fix this quickly.

We apologize for the inconvience and we'll let you know when this has been addressed.

-Thank you
    Supermetrics Team
  • Great, thank you!

• Hi Ben,

Our engineer confirmed the Facebook fix so these metrics should now work as expected. Please test and let us know if you continue to have incorrect behavior.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Still an issue

• ¬†Hello,

We have still the issue (with the datastudio connector) when we want to create some visuals using some demographic data.

Best.

• @tmf -

We should have resolved the original issue in the forum thread a while ago. If you are still having issues with demographic data, please submit a private ticket so we can investigate it as a new problem.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment