Supermetrics Support Forum

Supermetrics functions FB Ads filter

Hi,

I am using supermetrics add-on, but also trying with supermetrics functions and I can't get the same result because Ihave no idea in functions how to apply a filter.

In the query params of the add-on the filter string is "[{"field":"campaignobjective","operator":"==","value":"PAGE_LIKES","combineToPrev":";"},{"field":"campaignobjective","operator":"==","value":"POST_ENGAGEMENT","combineToPrev":","},{"field":"campaignobjective","operator":"==","value":"MOBILE_APP_ENGAGEMENT","combineToPrev":","},{"field":"campaignobjective","operator":"==","value":"CANVAS_APP_ENGAGEMENT","combineToPrev":","},{"field":"campaignobjective","operator":"==","value":"VIDEO_VIEWS","combineToPrev":","}]"

But i don't think this goes directly into the function "as-is".. I don't find any tutorial or examples also.. thank you

• Hi Ricardo,

we have an article in here about Supermetrics Functions that tells you also how filters are used (and it also has a link to Google Analytics own documentation about filters that will give you more insights).

Hope that it answers your question.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

Yes I saw it.. but that's only for google analytics. I was questioning about facebook ads.

Thank you

• Hi Ricardo, the logic in filters works in the same way with each data source. You just need to change the metrics and values.

If you'll give us examples of 2 filters that you'd like to use in your query, we'll give you ready strings from where you can see how they should be written:

-Which metric/split by dimension do you want to filter?

-equals/does not equal/contains/does not contain?

-With which value

-and if you want to use multiple, which one: "and" / "or" -between the filters.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• I need campaignobjective==PAGE_LIKES "OR" campaignobjective==POST_ENGAGEMENT

Thank you

• Hi,

Back to this.. Never got an answer.

I can make a filter like "cost>0.5" or another, but I can't seem to join them with an "AND" .. how can I do it?

• Hi Ricardo,

can you copy the formula? I will try and see if i can make sense of it

best,

kw

Login to post a comment