Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

SM for GDS Users and Permissions

Hi! I am using the Super Metrics for Google Data Studio tool. My coworker purchased it and gave me access using the new Users feature. I am working on building a report for a client to pull in YouTube ads (via AdWords), Facebook Insights and Facebook Advertising. My clients are the ones who have the actual access to each of these platforms. We have added their email addresses as Users to the Super Metrics tool.

Can you give me some advice on the workflow of how I get their data, from their accounts, into Google Data Studio so I can work with it and create reports for them?

Thank you!
Becky

• Hi Becky,

first of all, I wouldn't maybe recommend adding your customers to the license. Just share the ready dashboard with them. Users who do not know a lot about metrics / Data Studio might end up easily breaking your pretty dashboards.

First of all, you need to have access to their accounts to fetch the data. Then, you can start logging in and creating the reports with these instructions: https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/folders/19000156573

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi, thank you! My clients do not want to give me access to their full advertising platforms (AdWords, Facebook, etc.) If I get them to add those data sources using the SM for GDS tool via shared screen, will I be able to work with those added sources in the reporting?

Thanks!

Becky

• Hi Becky,

yes you are able to use them in that case to fetch the data. Just make sure that you'll add the clients to your to the correct team where you have the paid license. You can do this at team.supermetrics.com.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment