Start a new topic

Export AdWords Remarketing List Name & Size

Hi, I'm using Supermetrics Data Grabber for Excel.

How do I download AdWords audience names and sizes?

Hi Alan,

you should at least find a split by dimension called "Audience" from AdWords connector but as for sizes, I unfortunately couldn't find any suitable metrics/dimensions. 

As you are more familiar with the missing item, please visit our support documentation for missing metrics / dimensions to find instructions on how to see if it has come available. 

If you manage to find the missing metric or dimension, please post a link to that site in to this thread. We'll let our development team know of it and they will contact you once it's added to Supermetrics. Please note that fitting the missing metric/dimension to data source connector may take some time. 

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for your reply. I have been in touch with AdWords API support who have suggested the following:

Alternatively to running an audience performance report, if you want to retrieve only the Userlist objects using an AdWords API service, you may do so by using the AdwordsUserListService.get() method. Using this service allows you to retrieve all userlists under your account even if they are currently not used and targeted by a campaign.

Would it be possible to add this to Supermetrics Data Grabber please?

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Jouni,

It looks like as of October 2017, it is possible to export the 'size' of user lists:

size

xsd:long

Estimated number of users in this user list, on the Google Display Network. This value is null if the number of users has not yet been determined.

This field can be selected using the value "Size".

This field can be filtered on.

This field is read only and will be ignored when sent to the API.

From what I can see there are 18 fields which can be exported for UserLists: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201710/AdwordsUserListService.UserList

Would it be possible to add these 18 fields to SuperMetrics Data Grabber?

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan,

thanks for letting us know. Due to holiday season, our development team will take a look at the possibilities after Christmas and get back to this topic. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi Jouni,

Hope you enjoyed the holidays.

Just wondering whether this is currently being reviewed by your development team?

Cheers,

Alan

1 person likes this

+1 for Alan's request. It would be great to be able to download user list name, user list ID and user list size. Similarly, in the first reply in this thread that mentions using the "audience" split dimension, that only returns "boomuserlist::xxxxxx". 

It would also be great if we had the option to split by User List Name. If this isn't possible, then if we can get the list name & id, we can at least create our own lookup tables. Thanks for the consideration.

Hi to all, 

our development team has investigated possibilities to add remarketing list metrics and dimensions in to AdWords. Unfortunately it seems that it cannot be done for our current AdWords connector. We are moving on to a new version later this year and at that point it seems to be possible to implement these. We do not have an exact deadline for this yet.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment