Supermetrics Support Forum

Select Facebook Account to connect

Hi,

As an agency we would need to connect our Business Manager account to retrieve numbers from our clients only. I cannot connect with my privat account as I have multiple ad accounts and pages which I must not share with others. Is there currently anyway to solve this issue and what date the connector to Facebook Business Manager will be ready?

Best Regards,

Manuel

• Hi Manuel,

have you tested logging in so that you first go to Facebook in your browser, log out of it, then start the authentication process from Supermetrics and use your Business Manager credentials?

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Yes, but since a Business Manager account is not real Facebook account it says that my email address is not connected to a Facebook account. There should be the possibility to connect it OR at least to choose what pages / ad accounts should be connected.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Hi Manuel,

unfortunately it's only possible to login to Facebooks API with a personal FB account. Basically, you need to give access to this Business Manager account for your personal FB account (or if you have an FB account for your company, then give access to Business manager for it and login with that).

We're hoping that FB would enable the logins to their API with the Business Manager logins as well but so far this is not possible.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

Thanks for the response. Ok, I got that. Unfortunately, I cannot connect my personal account, since there is data I cannot share with colleagues. For now, I would create a new personal Facebook Account for the company and connect it to the Business Manager. Let me know, if there is any other solution in the future.

Best Regards,

Manuel

• Hi Manuel,

that's exactly what I would suggest at this point. We'll send our users info of these kind of changes (when they come available) in an email.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Ok, will do. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Manuel

• Hi. Is there any solution on this one yet? We have the exact same problem. 

Login to post a comment