Start a new topic

Google Sheet queries not updating in Chrome until after page refresh

I've built a series of queries using the Google Sheets Add-On.

In Chrome (60.0.3112.113), the queries appear to run as expected when I use 'Supermetrics > Refresh All' but the sheet does not show the newly fetched data until I actually refresh the entire page.

Clearing my cache and cookies seemed to resolve this issue temporarily, but it is now occurring once again.

If I separately open the same Google Sheet in Safari and use 'Supermetrics > Refresh All' the data updates as expected and the change is also immediately reflected in my Chrome instance.

Any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi Mitch,

delays in the data appearance usually happens if your spreasheet file is very heavy. Do you have a rough estimate of the number of cells that have data in them? And also, what's your approximate size query thinking about the amount of results?

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Thanks for the response.

The workbook currently has 21 total queries ranging from 1 to ~100 rows of data. Most queries are relatively straightforward, returning the unique events associated with specific GA event categories and actions.

After continued testing, the issue appears intermittently but always in Chrome.

The part of this that confuses me is that, when it occurs, data appears immediately in Safari but not in Chrome. For example:

If I have the Google Sheets workbook open in both Chrome and Safari at the same time and run the queries in Safari, the data updates in both workbook instances immediately.

If I have the workbook open in both Chrome and Safari at the same time and run the queries in Chrome, the data updates in the Safari instance immediately but does not update in Chrome until after a page refresh.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Mitch,

it seems that there has been many updates for Chrome after the build that you are currently using. Could you please try updating your browser and test again? This issue is either way related to Google Sheets part but at least with build 61.0.3163.100 -there are no issues like this.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

I've updated Chrome to 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) and am still seeing the issue occur. I've recorded my screen to show exactly what is happening. Chrome is shown on the left, while the same workbook is shown on Safari on the right.

Note that after the queries refresh the data is updated in the Safari instance but not in the Chrome instance until after a page refresh.

Login or Signup to post a comment