Supermetrics Support Forum

How to set specific month as start date

I need to set last July 1st as the start date for a query. I don't want to hardcode the year, I want at whatever point I run the query for it to look back to the previous July 1st. So today, it would use July 1st 2017, until July 1st 2018, then it would start using that July 1st. I've tried using "first day of last July" but it doesn't recognize that format. 

• Hi Rolando,

unfortunately there are no options for this kind of date range that we'd know of. Terribly sorry that we couldn't help.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

1 person likes this
  • OK, not a problem. I do have a thought though, there is a hidden tab for Supermetrics Queries that stores all the parameters for the query, is there a way for me to put a value for the query there or reference a cell with start and end date for the cell in the queries tab? That way, I can use logic with existing Sheets functions or write a custom function that can calculate the start and end date and feed it to Supermetrics that way? 

• Hi Rolando,

yes, you can modify the queries on that sheet manually but unfortunately I cannot say if the functions stay in the cells when the query is refreshed. If you try this out, could you please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• I typically update the start date/end date cells in the supermetrics sheet to point to a specific set of cells within my workbooks, this way when I want to update the workbook with a new date range, I just update two cells (Start/End Date) and rerun the queries - the entire workbook then uses those two days as the start/end. Much quicker way to do things.

Login to post a comment