Start a new topic

SEMrush - Incomplete Data

I'm trying to pull Domain Organic Search Keywords for a client domain and only receive less than half (545 keywords) the actual number of results when I pull the same report directly in SEMrush (1,296 keywords). 

Am I doing something wrong or will this not give me a full set of data?

Parameters I used: 

Data Source

• SEMrush

Query Type

• Select Query Type: Domain Organic Search Keywords
  • Domain: vertica.com or www.vertica.com (I tried both)
  • SEMrush database: US (Google.com)
  • # of rows per item: 10000

Select Fields

• Keyword
  • Position
  • Search Volume
  • URL

Filter

Url CONTAINS www.vertica

Untitled.png
(18.8 KB)

Hi,

The results differ because SEMrush API lists keywords that bring users to a domain via Google's top 20 organic search results and the same report directly in SEMrush uses top 100 organic search results. 

So in this case it's not possible to get the full set of data using their API.

Best Regards,

Harri Lampi

supermetrics.com

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum: support.supermetrics.com

Why would you have a difference between the two?  That doesnt seem to make sense.  It would be helpful to have the API return the same thing as does the report.

When I try the exact same query as Harri (against a different user id/account) I also get an error, but it is different.

I get:

Error Details

There was an error requesting data from the community connector. Please report the issue to the provider of this community connector if this issue persists.

Community connector error: ERROR 132 :: API UNITS BALANCE IS ZERO (Supermetrics request ID: TrTAKtixcLzD3_3KU60uX3y0tP7Kocwk). If the problem persists report an issue with the connector owner.

Error ID: 682b32c2

Data Source

SEMrush

Query Type

Select Query Type: Domain Organic Search Keywords

Domain: www.serviceitdirect.com

SEMrush database: US (Google.com)

# of rows per item: 50

Select Fields

Keyword

Position

Search Volume

But when I go to SEMRush, and look at that same data, I have a huge number of keywords in top positions.

Why is the query returning nothing when I can get the information from SEMRush website.

many thanks!

xls
Login or Signup to post a comment