Supermetrics Support Forum

Instagram—Impressions, reach, profile views, website clicks

Are these metrics available in the API yet, and if so, will they be added soon? They're already visible in the app but having to check every day is a bit of a pain.

Thanks!

• Hi James,

Thanks for reaching to us. Supermetrics Instagram connector consumes selected public endpoints. Currently it seems that Instagram doesn't provide explicit API access to the Instagram insights through API, only on App level that you can see. 

Anyways, I'll add it to the roadmap to implement the integration once they have the API ready.

Kind regards,

Dawit Nida

Software Developer

supermetrics.com

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum: support.supermetrics.com

• Would be nice to get this as a feature. This is one reason I would purchase the addon 

• Any updates on this topic?

• Hello,

The integration is actually being implemented and would be on private-beta release within 4-5 weeks (rough estimation).

So anyone interested to be whitelisted and use this connector, please send your account to support@supermetrics.com with subject 'Instagram Insights Private-Beta'

and the dedicated developer will send a notification when ready. Thanks!

Kind regards

Dawit Nida

Software Developer

@supermetrics

supermetrics.com

• Hi Dawit, 

Is this options also available for Data studio? For Facebook you can choose Facebook Ads. Do you mean that there is an option now for Instagram ads? Or will this be coming soon?

Thanks again!

• Hello,

Instagram Insights connector will be available both Google Sheets and Google Data Studio. Instagram Ads is a different product, so it will not be included in the release of Instagram Insights, but Instagram Ads is definitely something we should look into.

We are happy to receive requests for new connectors!

Best regards,

Niklas Lampén

Lead Developer

Supermetrics

• Hi Niklas, 

I am quite sure that you would make a lot more people happy with this upate! 

Via this link I am able to start with the 'individual conector' plan. And below it says that I am able to connect Instagram to my data studio. My question is which Instagram data can I add to my report? Only data of non paid traffic?

Thanks so much for your response!

• Hello Ashvien,

That Instagram connector offers access to public data, which allows you to get data about Instagram posts, Instagram user data, and Instagram user posts. Current connector does not allow access to private data like impressions and reach. These, among other private data, will be included in Instagram Insights connector.

And I'm sorry, I provided incorrect information before: you can access Instagram Ads data with our Facebook Ads connector.

Best regards,

Niklas Lampén

Lead Developer

Supermetrics

• Niklas,

Any update on when the "Instagram Insights" will come out of private-beta? I just submitted a support request to get access to the beta, but curious on the progress for the full release.

Thanks!

• Hi Justin,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Unfortunately the answer is no. We are waiting for Facebook to approve our app before we can release the beta. Due to the Cambridge Analytica incident Facebook made a lot of changes to their application approval policies and because of that we have been waiting for application approval for a very long time now.

We will invite everyone requested to be in beta testing group to use our tool as soon as we have our application approved. After private beta we will gather feedback, do required changes and hope to do full release within 1-2 months from that.

Best regards,

Niklas Lampén

Lead Developer

Supermetrics

Login to post a comment