Start a new topic

Import Facebook ads archived campaign data

I'm trying to import results from deleted campaign in facebook.

Those campaigns can be accessed in FB but i can't see them in supermetrics.

How can that be done?

btw, i'm using gsheet add-on.

Hi Ignace,

unfortunately deleted campaigns are not available through their API and we have no control over it.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

This can indeed be done, via the documentation listed below from another forum. See #1 below. That link has a whole section about how to get Deleted and Archived data out of the API. Unfortunately SuperMetrics admins closed that forum post due to "spam" without ever saying when it will be fixed.

When will this be fixed? We need to be able to download data for deleted items in Facebook ads otherwise SuperMetrics is not very useful for Facebook. The only responses I see from SuperMetrics in 2017 say it's not possible, and that is unacceptable as a paying user.

Hi Tj,

nice tip, thank you! We'll definitely take a look at this.

In the meanwhile, there's something wrong with this forum topic and we have to close it to prevent spam. If you wish to contact us about this subject, please do so at

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 5:01:43 PM UTC+2, Tj Wilkinson wrote:Is this still Facebook API limitation still occurring? Our agency wrote us with this suggestion: Not sure if this is still a reporting issue you experience with SuperMetrics via their plugin to the FB API, but we spoke to one of their engineers today and they provided us with the below API workaround that you might want to share with SuperMetrics: 
1. Fetching deleted campaigns through API: 
Ads manager uses “filtering” to fetch deleted ad sets. Sorry there isn’t any good documentation around this, but there’s a “deleted and archived objects” section here as a start. 
You could also add this filtering at ad set or campaign level with: adset.delivery_info or campaign.delivery_info 
2. Defining breakdowns for insights API:

Hi Clayton,

our development team is looking in to this and they'll reply to this topic when there's news about deleted campaign metrics.

It may take some time. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi all, Checking in. Thanks for looking into this again. Have there been any developments? It's pretty critical to be able to pull historical data for campaigns that have been deleted or archived. Thanks

Hi Supermetrics team,

Is it something that was solved yet?

We're considering starting to use Supermetrics together with Data Studio, but ability to see stats on deleted campaigns is a key for us. I see that this is missing from the break down by campaign, even though Grand Total number I get seems to include it. We need to see data by campaign, including deleted ones. Is that possible? If not, is there any plan to add this functionality nearest time?

I do not think this has been resolved yet. I agree with you. Pretty critical. Not sure if / when the functionality will be added.

Any update? Will this ever be possible?

This is a quite complex query to complete. Our development team has estimated Q2/2018 for possible implementation.

Terribly sorry to keep you waiting for a certain answer on this.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment