Start a new topic

Data Studio does not display Facebook Ads info more recent than April 2017

Hello,

we're using Supermetrics to sync data from Facebook Ads to Google Data Studio through Google Sheets. We setup a sheet as found on your blog, apart from the fact that we split the Month and Year field into two different fields which are then reunited when importing the source - you will find screenshots of our setup in the attached zip file. Our setup works properly, but the graphs that use the Month and Date field all display data up to April 2017, and then nothing - even though that data is exported correctly to Google Sheets.

Is there a way of getting support to understand how to solve this issue? We tried changing the ordering and playing around with the settings, but the issue remains.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Danilo

zip

Hey Danilo,

What Supermetrics does is pulling data into Google Sheets. It's then the Data Studio GSheets connector's job to pull that data from GSheets into Data Studio. 

If you get your data correctly in Sheets, it means your Supermetrics settings are correct. If you could share your GDS report, GDS data source (which you need to share separately) and the GSheets with me (zhao.hanbo@supermetrics.com), I can look into it. But if case I can't figure out the reason, I'd suggest you contact Google or post your issue to here https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Data-Studio/ct-p/datastudio_category#

Best

Zhao

Hello Zhao,
I just shared everything you mentioned with your e-mail account. As you can see on the GDS report, some graphs don't show data newer than april 2017 even though it's present in the Sheet itself. It would be really helpful if you could help understanding why.

Thank you in advance, hope you're having a nice day!

Danilo

Hey Danilo,

Thanks for sharing those files. My guess is that it was caused by this calculated field, Month and Year. When I changed the dimension to Month, it was pulling data also for May and June. Could you try (in our Google Sheets add-on) Year & Month in Split by rather than using your calculated field to see if it solves the issue? 

Best

Zhao

Hello Zhao,
that is actually how I first set the sheet up, but the graph was completely blank that way.
I reverted the Sheet and the Report to that setup for the first Sheet page, you can see the outcome on page 14 of the report.
Note that I had to check the "Format results for Google Data Studio" checkbox as Data Studio would not recognize the fields if I didn't (the field would be formatted as MM|YYYY).

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Thank you again!
Danilo

Hello Danilo,

Just took a look at your DS report and sheet. Now it's completely blank because you had 2017-06-01, 2017-05-01 as the month in your sheet. You'll get data if you use for example date as the dimension.

Maybe it's easier to hop on a quick 10-min video call with screen share? Feel free to drop me an email to suggest a few times.

Best

Zhao 

Hello Zhao,
yes, maybe a call would help. I'm available at all times between 11 AM and 5 PM CEST, so please let me know of a time that suits you.

Thank you,
Danilo

Hello Danilo, we can have a call at 2pm CEST today already if it works for you. Please drop me an email at zhao.hanbo@supermetrics.com to confirm.

Login or Signup to post a comment