Start a new topic
Solved

Google Analytics UTM Term

Hello, I'm trying to pull Google Analytics UTM campaign Term for Facebook Campaign, but I don't see that as an option in traffic source.

Am I missing something? Is it called something else?

Thanks and Regards, 

Hi Hana,

UTM details do not seem to be available through Analytics API. If you feel like somethings missing from Supermetrics, you can check available GA API metrics from here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Here is the missing

Thanks and Regards, 

1.PNG
(21.9 KB)

Hi Hana,

you can find it under split by values:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

But we used it to filter campaign, why is it in the split by?

Can you move it to the traffic source like other?

Thanks and Regards, 

Hi Hana,

you can use it in the filters (you can find it from the filter dropdown). I'm not quite sure what you mean by moving it to traffic source. Traffic source is it's own value.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

It's not in the filter, only have campaign, source, medium and keyword. I don't see any option for ad content

2.PNG
(16.1 KB)

Hi Hana,

as ad content is AdWords related metric, it can be found under "AdWords" topic in the filters:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

But It can only use for adword campaign, not for Facebook campaign or other traffic source like remarketing. 

Hi Hana,

only way that comes to my mind is that if the source link has something specific to filter with, then that's the way you can do it.

I see the we already have source, medium, campaign, keyword in the traffic source. The only thing that missing is ad content. What is the point of it anyway?

UTM tag was built to track all the traffic source, so that we can see all the stats of different traffic source in just 1 template that is google analytic. UTM tag has 5 element: source, medium, campaign, keyword and ad content. The ad content also state in the the api link that you sent me and it's the missing part of this tool. I still don't understand Why adding almost everything but leave the ad content out?

2.PNG
(16.1 KB)

Hi Hana,

I have sent this case to our development team who will take a look at the possibility of adding ad content to other than just AdWords.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

It's there under the AdWords category.

hello Mikael, I have already explained to Jouni about the reason why the ad content under adwords can't be used to get data from facebook campaign or other traffic source. Would you mind check on that?

Thanks and Regards, 

Hello, any updates on this?

Thanks and Regards, 

Login or Signup to post a comment