Supermetrics Support Forum

Twitter Ads > Rows with only zeroes

Hi,

I have recently made the switch from manual reporting of Twitter Ads data, to using the connector in Supermetrics.

I already noticed in the manual reporting that Twitter would return campaign data for every day in your chosen time period, even if the campaign was not active in that period or didnt even exist yet (and thus all metrics are 0). As a result, about 80-90% of the rows you receive are empty.

Now i know that this is a problem of the Twitter exporting and API functionality, but i was wondering if Supermetrics could perhaps delete all the rows without any data on it's own server, before sending it to the spreadsheet document.

A query that for other channels would return maybe 500 rows, now results in 35.000 rows!

I had a workaround in place with the manual reporting to only use small time periods (max 1 month). Thus i would only receive a max of 31 days of rows for one campaign that was active some time in the chosen month. If i continue to do this however, i still need to make manual changes to the Supermetrics query, which means i havent fully automated my work. 

I hope the scenario above is clear. Is think finding a way to reduce the amount of rows would be both beneficial to your own servers and to your customers.

Login to post a comment