Start a new topic
Solved

Pulling Facebook Insights data to Google Sheets with Business Manager permissions?

I was added to a page as an Advertiser, and when logging in to my account through Facebook I'm able to access all Insights data. However, when I log in to Facebook Insights through Supermetrics Google Sheets plugin, I do not see any of my Business Manager pages.

I can see pages that have granted me access in the old way (just adding my personal account).

Hi Brandon,

Facebook Business Manager actually has it's own API api and it cannot be used through FB Ads or Insights API.

We choose the next data source connector in to development by voting results. You can participate in the voting at https://support.supermetrics.com/discussions/topics/19000015989 

We keep adding new sources on a fast pace, and for example following us on twitter: @Supermetrics you'll get the info as soon as new sources have been added to Supermetrics.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi all, 

I seem to be seeing roughly the same issue - had a report set up in Sheets which suddenly doesn't work anymore. When I say it doesn't work, I mean it doesn't populate the Ad Account data into Sheets. 

By closer inspection I found the ID to have changed. Turns out the campaign manager (might have) moved the Ad Account to a Business Manager.

I try to set up a new Sheet/Query but the authentication keeps connecting to my personal account, instead to that of the business.  

Question (I'm only asking as I have not seen an explicit answer) - Supermetrics can't connect with the Business Manager Ad Account, correct? 

Looking forward to your answer. 

IDM Team 

Hi,

you are correct. At the moment it's not possible to login with main business account credentials. If you have access to that business manager account with your own credentials, then it should be possible.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics team

1 person likes this

Okay cool, but why am I struggling to pull the data from the account? Please see below: 

Error: Unsupported get request. Object with ID 'act_107188509413731' does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permissions, or does not support this operation. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api

Even-though my personal account is linked to the brand, its Business Manger and Ad Account, I still get the above Error.

Really appreciate your help.

Just further to the above - for some reason the Supermetrics connector keeps linking toe my personal account, and doesn't give me the option to connect to the Brand/Business account I manage, and need to pull the ad report from. 

Let's continue solving this case in your private ticket as from this point on, it requires us to get some of sensitive login details.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment