Supermetrics Support Forum

Google Drive - Comparing Google Analytics to Prior month

I start by selecting for the dates "This Month To Date". When I choose to compare to the "Previous Period Same Length" or I choose the prior month manually,  and choose % Change.  I get blank fields in the % of change fields.  When I choose to compare to "Same Dates a year ago" I get results in the % of change fields.

Why is this happening and what can I do to fix this?

I am checking Users, Sessions, Bounce Rate, Etc. in this report I am trying to run.

Greg Ackermann

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Greg,

when you are using date as a split by value, the formula behind comparison value cannot unfortunately calculate it.

When you are using "Same dates a year ago", the formula behind it works because it can detect whole years, as where day numbers are differently calculated. 

Also if you don't use date as the split by value, that type of comparison will work.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Our development team has started to investigate if the formulas behind this could be done differently.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• I'm having a similar problem. If I want to compare to the previous period of the same length I don't get any comparison values, regardless of what value I split by.

• Hi Esoos, 

could you please send us a screenshot of all the query details in the sidebar. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment