Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

Facebook Ads Promoted post ID

Hello - I'm trying to find out exactly what the definition of "Promoted post ID" is in the Facebook Ads Marketing API. I've looked in their documentation, but cannot find exactly what this means. 

I'm assuming that this is the post ID of a promoted post (timeline content that was "boosted"), but want to verify. 

Also, is there a reference that outlines exactly how the different metrics in Super Metrics matches to the different metrics outlined in the Marketing API? There are differences in naming and I'd like to make sure. 

Thank you!

AB

• Hi Andrew,

you got it absolutely correct. It is about boosted timeline content. You can find an article about the Facebook Ads metrics from here: https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000052842-changed-metric-and-dimension-names-april-2017 

Best regards,

Jouni Hyötylä

supermetrics.com

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum: support.supermetrics.com

• I can't find this dimension. Is there also a dimension for the promoted post?

• You can use "Ad type" dimension to see which type of advertisement is it (and of course filter the query with those values if you need).

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• "Ad Type is also not available in my dimensions.

I only have:

-Action type

-Bid type

-Call-to-action Type

-Campaign buying type

-Object type

-Post type

• Apologies for the mistake. If you use "Post type" -you'll see all of your promoted posts. Ad type is not applicable in Facebook Ads.

• I used this dimension but I still can't see the difference between an original ad or a boosted/ promoted post.

• Ok. Can you please send us a private ticket about this with screenshots (from Facebooks own reporting tools as well so we'll see what details you'd need to get).

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment