Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

How do I duplicate a Google Sheet containing queries to another clean Sheet

Hi,

I'd like to make a copy of a Google Sheet containing all my current Supermetric queries, and then work on the copy without it affecting the first one. Is this possible?

When I made a copy of the Sheet using the standard method I can see all the queries are using the same ID's so I think any adjustments I make are going to affect both Sheets (which I'd like to avoid).

Thanks for any help!

• Hi Matt,

you can copy the sheet with "Duplicate this sheet for another account" (you can choose any account):

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

1 person likes this
  • Thanks Jouni. But what if I want to copy it and use the same account, is that the same method?
    If I do use the same account, would the queries be independent from the first sheet? Eg if I start making changes on the copy, it won't affect the original too?

Thanks again.

• Hi Matt,

you can choose the same account for the copy. All the queries will be re-done and have unique Query ID's so they won't affect each others when you refresh or do changes.

Best,

-Supermetrics Team

1 person likes this
  • Is it possible to copy a set of queries to a new sheet within the same file? For example, I have three queries on a weekly sheet and want to copy them to a monthly sheet without individually duplicating each query.

Whenever I copy the queries on the supermetricsqueries tab I am able to create a new query id by leaving that cell blank but I cannot seem to edit the range address from this tab. I've tried leaving the sheet name and range address  blank and updating the static range address column but keep getting this error:

Error: Can't place data to SupermetricsQueries sheet

• Hi Caroline,

when you select any of the cells in the query that you wish to copy to another location in the same sheet, you can click "Duplicate" in the sidebar when that query is opened there.

Then simply go to a new location in that sheet file (can be a different tab also), select the cell you want the query to start from and click "Get data to table". You have exactly same query details like this. Of course you can modify them also if you need to.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hello,

How I duplicate one sheet (not file) with differents accounts queries without having the same ID?

Thanks

• Hi Jordi,

for this I have no other solution than to duplicate the whole file and delete the other stuff from the new file.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment