Start a new topic

Instagram Engagement Through Facebook Ads

Hi there,

I've found that Instagram engagement from Facebook ads is not getting included within the Facebook stats that Supermetrics is pulling out of Facebook Ad Manager. 

For example, if you have a Facebook ads campaign which has generated 23,433 "Post Reactions", with 13,466 of those from Instagram ads - Supermetrics will show 9,967 reactions in Google Sheets. 

It's a strange bug because Post Reactions within Facebook Ads Manager are tracked the same across Instagram and Facebook - but we're seeing it consistently across all metrics of Instagram advertising (also Video Views for example). On the other hand, ad spend tracks just fine whether it's spent on Facebook or Instagram. 

Would be awesome if you could fix this issue as it will save us a bunch of time having to manually enter data. 

Hi,

could you please send us a screenshot of your query details in the sidebar and we'll start investigating. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hey Jouni,

I've attached a screenshot (with the client removed). Note that in this particular search for example, Supermetrics shows 12,518 reactions for the month, while Facebook Ad Manager shows 30,758 - and the entire difference is coming from Instagram ads (which are run through Facebook and tracked in Facebook ad manager). 

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Best regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

thank you for this. Could you please run your query with Split by: "Ad Placement". This way you can see what kind of results do you get from Instagram, and from FB.

Best,

-Supermetrics Team

Attached is the screenshot. As you can see, it minimal Instagram engagement. I've been manually tracking Instagram reactions by copying them from Facebook ads manager, and there should be over 16,000. I would recommend you test this on profiles you have access to which are doing a lot of Instagram ads as this isn't the only client I've had this problem for. But hopefully I'm doing something wrong - just don't think so at this point. 

Haven't heard back - have you found the issue?

Hi,

our development team is on the case, investigating the reason and trying to find a solution. They'll contact you when there's progress with the case. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Login or Signup to post a comment