Supermetrics Support Forum

Merging data from two different sources

I was wondering if there is a way to merge data from two different data sources. There are two different instances and variations where I want to do this. 

1. I would like to pull my spend, clicks, CTR columns from Facebook but I want to use the conversion data for these campaigns as reported through Google Analytics.  (GA matches my client's actual data better.)

2. I would like to combine some charts to include both bing and google data so I get a table/chart showing total search engine data, such as spend, clicks,etc. 

Are either of these possible?

Thanks so much!

• Hi Susan,

these are both possible. You can use the Supermetrics Uploader to automatically upload your FB data in to GA and Supermetrics for Google Drive to pull in data in to the same sheet/tab from multiple data sources. Unfortunately these are not possible with Data Grabber.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• I have the same issue / question. I use Supermetrics for Google Drive. 

I get that we would pull data in the same sheet / tab, but I don't know how to set this up so that the cost data from one source lines up with multiple campaign data from another source with a automatic daily refresh trigger?  If rows are set to split by date, and there are multiple campaigns per date, how do you set this up so that the cost data matches this?

Can you share a short video demonstrating how we would set this up?

• Anyone? Supermetrics team?

• Hi Christian,

good question. It depends on what kind of data are you pulling in: is there a metric / split by value that you could use for sorting in both queries so that you'll see them in same order. 

If you can post screenshot(s) which show your query results in both, we can try to come up with a way for you.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi there,

I was also looking into this topic and have the exact same question. We're using Supermetrics for Google Drive and I want to combine impression data from different Display Advertising sources. So impressions split by date from different sources.

Could you help me set this up? Is this possible with a extra tab in Google Sheets that contains calculation+grab formula's fro the other tabs? 

Thanks!

• Hi FoxXxes,

you need to make a separate query per data source, and you can do them in different tabs of course as you asked.

When it comes to using the raw data / calculations from other tabs / sheets, that is done with Google Sheets functions and you can find plenty of instructions for that from Google.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Ok. Then I will try to find my answer at Google..

• I just want to pull a month to date spend report for multiple sources into 1 simple table - rows split by month, columns split by ppc channel (adwords, gdn, facebook, etc).

how is this done via supermetrics for google sheets plug-in?

• Hi Chris,

if you wish to do this with Supermetrics for Google Sheets, you'll need to make separate queries for different data sources and then combine the data with spreadsheet functions. 

With Supermetrics for Data Studio, this is possible with our data blending connector.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment