Supermetrics Support Forum

Can't Specify Channel Grouping

In Google Analytics reporting under Acquisition > Channels, I'm able to view the number of sessions, split by Channel. From there, I can change the Primary Dimension from "Default Channel Grouping" to some other custom channel grouping which my organisation uses.

How do I apply the same "custom channel grouping" to my Super Metrics data extracted?

• Hi Shaun,

have you tried filtering by channel group?

Set the name of the channel group in to the value. If this doesn't work, unfortunately I do not know if Google Analytics API offers any possibility for this at the moment.

Best regards,

Jouni Hyötylä

supermetrics.com

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum: support.supermetrics.com

• Hi Jouni,

I have this issue too and any filtering method I use says 'Query failed: Your query returned no data'.

This would definitely be a great feature addition for more advanced attribution modeling and conversion path reporting via custom channel groupings, though we are of course at the mercy of the API.

• Hi Josh,

that most likely indicates that the syntax is not 100% correct in your filter. You can first do a query like this to get the exactly correct channel grouping values to use:

Date range: (for example "year to date")

Metrics: Users

Split by value: Channel Group

and you should get a list like this from where you can copy paste the value in to your filter field:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment