Start a new topic

Can't Specify Channel Grouping

In Google Analytics reporting under Acquisition > Channels, I'm able to view the number of sessions, split by Channel. From there, I can change the Primary Dimension from "Default Channel Grouping" to some other custom channel grouping which my organisation uses.

How do I apply the same "custom channel grouping" to my Super Metrics data extracted?

Hi Shaun,

have you tried filtering by channel group?

Set the name of the channel group in to the value. If this doesn't work, unfortunately I do not know if Google Analytics API offers any possibility for this at the moment.

Best regards,

Jouni Hyötylä

Twitter: @Supermetrics 

Support forum:

Hi Jouni,

I have this issue too and any filtering method I use says 'Query failed: Your query returned no data'.

This would definitely be a great feature addition for more advanced attribution modeling and conversion path reporting via custom channel groupings, though we are of course at the mercy of the API.

Hi Josh,

that most likely indicates that the syntax is not 100% correct in your filter. You can first do a query like this to get the exactly correct channel grouping values to use:

Date range: (for example "year to date")

Metrics: Users

Split by value: Channel Group

and you should get a list like this from where you can copy paste the value in to your filter field:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login or Signup to post a comment