Start a new topic

Custom conversion Facebook

Is it possible to choose a custom conversion as a metric in Facebook Ads? 

Thank you!

I also have the same need. We segment our purchase pixel with URL rules (in "custom conversions") so we just want a subset of the purchase pixel, not all purchases.

using the API, we do something like this:

if (actions[i].action_type == "offsite_conversion.custom.xxxxxxxxxx") {

where xxxxxxxxx is the numeric ID number.

Been trying to work with filters and manually editing the parameter but can't seem to get it yet.

Figured it out. It takes 2 supermetrics queries. 

1 of them is:

Select Metrics: actions

Split by Campaign vs Action Type

Filter Action Type: offsite_conversion.custom.1111111111111

This will give you list of campaigns with number of that custom action (New customers, for example)

You can use this to vlookup against another query that gets cost or something for your campaigns.

You can change it to adsets, etc

2 people like this

Yes, this worked for me. Many many thanks for sharing, David! I was going crazy not been able to figure it out :) 

Super thanks for David! Awesome that you found the solutions so quickly.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hey David, 

I tried your settings with no luck. My custom conversion tracks leads and is title, "blue widgets". I set the following: 

Metric: Actions

Split By: Campaign vs. Action Type

Fitler: Action Type "contains" "blue widgets"

That didn't work as I'm still seeing zero's. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Hi Swish team,

could you please send us a private ticket about the issue with a link to this discussion. That is if you are still experiencing difficulties getting results. Thanks!

-Supermetrics team

@swish, you need to find the numerical ID number of your custom conversion and use that instead of the phrase. In fact, i changed mine from action type == offsite_conversion.custom.1111111111111

to just action type contains (or @=) 1111111111

Got it to work! Thanks so much David! 

Hey David

First of all thank you for the query I was able to pull the custom conversions. 

Are we able to pull the data for example for the Month of November broken down by each day?

For example, if I want to to track my custom conversions for the entire month of November, but broken down by day so I can compare day-to-day instead of looking at the custom conversions for the entire month all together. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Sadly, David Oh's suggestion is not working for me. It does return various actions and how many of those actions were taken. But it does not return and custom events. 

And the actions it does return do not have the id number with them even though I choose to split by action with id number. 

Login or Signup to post a comment