This guide will cover the most commonly seen kinds of discrepancies seen when querying Twitter Premium data. Unless specified in the section, all guidance within should apply to all Supermetrics products that support the Twitter Premium connector.
Quick links to specific issues below:
- Not All Tweets are Shown
- Impressions Do Not Match Analytics Dashboard
- Video views in exported report are different
Not All Tweets are Shown
The API will pull up to 3200 of the most recent Tweets (so starts from "today" and counts backwards in time), so if the user is very prolific and posts multiple times a day, you may not be able to get everything.
Also keep in mind that we currently can only fetch up to the last 90 days of published Tweets, so Tweets made outside of that will not be available in the data.
Impressions Do Not Match Analytics Dashboard
There's a known discrepancy that can occur due to the fact that we can only pull published Tweets from the last 90 days. That means that any engagement data will only be for within that window. However, the Twitter Analytics dashboard can show data from Tweets beyond 90 days, which can make our values appear incorrect.
This is not the case, we are simply limited to interactions in the past 90 days.
Video views in exported report are different
If you export the report from Twitter Analytics (TA) "per day", the results will be divided by day and this will cause them to appear differently from the Supermetrics results. Our connector shows results "per video". Please export the report from TA "per video" to have them match.
Escalating to Support
If you've checked everything above and you still believe that Supermetrics has a discrepancy with the results in Twitter Analytics UI, then please gather the following information and place it in a new Support request:
- Confirm that you have completed the data access permissions for support: Granting Permission for Data Access to Support
- Give firstname.lastname@example.org EDIT access to the report file and then provide the URL to the report.
- Pull the Analytics export report for the Tweet Activity. Make sure the date range for this matches your query so we can be sure we are comparing the same data.