This guide applies to the following BigQuery error:
Error while reading data, error message: CSV table encountered too many errors, giving up. Rows: 60; errors: 1. Please look into the errors collection for more details.; JobID: <123456789>
IMPORTANT - Only project administrators can run these steps! If you do not have enough rights, please ask your project administrator to do this for you.
- Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery and open the Transfers section.
- Click on the transfer with the issue you want to investigate.
- Under RUN HISTORY, find the error. The CSV table error will contain a JobID value. Copy this for the next steps.
- Click on the icon in the upper-right to open the Cloud Shell terminal.
- Type the command, where <jobID> is the ID you copied from the error message, and press ENTER:
bq show -j <jobID>
- The full error will load for that job ID. Copy this portion and send the text to support for further analysis.