If you have access to a Facebook, Instagram account/page but it is not appearing in the account drop-down in Supermetrics tools, follow these steps.
Before you begin
Check your account permissions
Please check that your user role level meets the data source’s access requirements. Refer to our authentication guides and follow the section "before you begin" to learn more.
- If you can’t change your access/permission level, contact your account administrator.
- Once you’ve confirmed your access and the above permissions, reauthenticate the data source.
- Refreshing the data source account list in the Supermetrics Team Management site can help surface missing accounts.
- Log out of Instagram/Facebook from the browser.
If you meet the data source access requirements, but your account or Page still isn’t appearing in Supermetrics, take these steps:
- Log into Facebook with the account that is being used in Supermetrics.
- Log in to Facebook’s business integrations manager.
- Navigate to the Active business integrations section. You should see Supermetrics listed there.If it’s not there, check the Removed tab instead.
- Check the box next to the Supermetrics row and click Remove.
- Log out of Facebook.
- Authenticate again the data source.
If the Facebook Page is linked but not "claimed" by the account, the API still won't see it (this is to prevent people falsely linking to known pages to get access). Please see how to claim a page. If you're unsure, navigate to Settings → Business in the Mobile App which should show an error for an unclaimed account.
Working account that suddenly disappears
If the permissions scope is changed, someone unlinks the account, or the Supermetrics app loses its rights to view the Pages, they can seem to suddenly disappears from Supermetrics.
Go back to the Before you begin section above to ensure everything is still connected correctly and the user still has access.
To fix this:
- Log all users out of the data source and log in with the one you intend to use.
- If they cannot see the account, their permissions are probably not set correctly - go back to the Before You Begin section to verify they meet the requirements to see the linked page.
We can help
If you continue to have issues after trying the above actions, please submit a request to support with the following screenshots, for Instagram only.
Open the Instagram Mobile App. Click Settings → Account → Sharing to other apps → Facebook → Facebook Account Centre → Accounts and profiles.
Screenshot what is on this page.
Still in the Mobile App, click Settings → Business or Creator. Screenshot what is on this page. (Note if you don't see either section, the account is not a Business or a Creator Account, and does not meet the requirements. You must change the account type to Business or Creator to be able to report it through the API).
Still in the Mobile App, go to Profile → Edit Profile. Screenshot what is on this page.
Open Facebook, go to Manage Page → Settings. Under Page settings, click Instagram. Screenshot what is on this page.