This article is for these Facebook authentication errors that can occur for any Supermetrics product:
Two factor authentication is required for your Facebook account. See article <link> for how to reset your login to use two factor authentication.
Two factor authentication required. User have to enter a code from SMS or TOTP code generator to pass 2fac. This could happen when accessing a 2fac-protected asset like a page that is owned by a 2fac-protected business manager
This error generally happens when two factor authentication had been turned on for the Facebook user account after they have logged into Supermetrics before. The token generated from that prior login is now invalid (as it was not created with the two factor included in the login process). In many cases, logging out and back in again should allow you to enter the two factor code and proceed without the error, but sometimes additional steps are necessary reset Supermetrics' permissions to clear the error.
- Log into Facebook with the account that is being used in Supermetrics.
- Click on the (?) icon in the upper-right and select Privacy Shortcuts and then the link "See more privacy settings" under the main Privacy section.
- In the left-hand menu, click Business Integrations. Supermetrics should be under the "Active Business integrations section". (If its not there, check under "Removed" and follow the same steps below.)
- Click the checkbox next to it and then click the "Remove" button.
NOTE - If you are also using our Instagram Insights connector, you may see who of these integrations: one for "Supermetrics" and one for "Supermetrics Connector". The second "Supermetrics Connector" one is for Instagram and it shouldn't be removed unless you also need to reset the authentication for that connector.
- Once the integration has been removed, log out of Facebook for the browser. This is to prevent any existing token for the browser version from interfering with the login process for Supermetrics.
- Now go try to log into Facebook with Supermetrics using the appropriate directions for your product. It should give you the chance to re-authorize the connection, use your two factor token, and opt-in to certain levels of access to the account. Make sure that is accepted (else as noted prior, the tool won't work).
- Google Sheets - How do I Re-Authenticate a Google Sheets Connector?
- Data Studio - How do I Re-Authenticate a Google Sheets Connector?
- Functions - Click the link to generate a new pwfat token and go through the login process.
- Data Grabber - Click the Facebook module to log back in.
- Uploader - Delete and recreate the configuration so that you can log back into Facebook.
What if I'm getting this error after the above steps - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS?
Follow the workaround in this guide as it usually helps:
Authentication-, HTTP- or Script errors
I tried everything and it still has the error!
Please then submit a private ticket to Supermetrics Support for further assistance. Please note in the ticket that you've completed all the steps in this article so we know you already tried these.